Lutheran Student Club is organized at the University of Nebraska
Committee for Lutheran Student Work is established, comprised of the pastor and one lay person from each of the Lincoln congregations.
The Lutheran Student Club officially becomes part of the national Lutheran Student Association.
Pastor Alvin Petersen is installed as the first Campus Pastor to the Lutheran students in Lincoln.
The Lutheran Student House, later called the Lutheran Center, is dedicated at a total cost of $125,000. It was the second Lutheran Campus Ministry Center built in the United States.
The chapel addition to the Lutheran Center is dedicated.
The Lutheran Center choir gives 220th concert.
A Church Occupations Group for persons discerning a call to ministry is established. Over 100 Lutheran Center students have been ordained to the Ministry of the Word and Sacrament.
Rededication of the building following a capital campaign designed to bring the Lutheran Center up to code and make it handicap accessible.
Pastor Meyer passes away after serving as campus pastor for over 16 years at the Lutheran Center.
Lutheran Center students and leaders travel to Haiti for the first of many service trips.
Brother Emile from the Taize’ Community in France visits the Lutheran Center and leads evening prayer.
Campus Pastor | Hastings, Nebraska
- Like – Foo Fighters, motorcycles, sushi, dressing-up
- Love –Jesus, neighbors, family, books
- Hate –cheese (except on pizza), snakes, injustice
Ministry Director | Superior, Nebraska
- Like – laughing hysterically, travel, Jane Austen
- Love – pasta, family (including Martin Luther the dog), being near the water
- Hate – drivers who don’t pay attention, peanuts, the devil
Campaign Coordinator | Lincoln, Nebraska
- Like – coming soon
- Love – coming soon
- Hate – coming soon
Seminary Intern | Buffalo, New York
- Like – snow, crafting, Church History
- Love – aquariums, cardigans, Margery Kempe, murder mysteries
- Hate – coconut, fish, humidity, global inequality